Botox has many benefits for dentistry patients in La Habra
No doubt you have heard of Botox Cosmetic – injections of a neuromodulator to soften facial wrinkles. Did you know that, in addition to enhancing facial esthetics this treatment has many applications in dentistry? Dr. Josue Robles brings this level of enhanced dental care to patients in the La Habra area.
What is therapeutic Botox?
Botox is a purified protein. When introduced into defined points on the body, it interrupts signals from nerves that tell muscles to contract. That makes Botox and dentistry an ideal match. The same properties that make it effective in esthetics have many uses for medical and dental conditions.
How Botox is changing the face of dentistry in La Habra
- Botox for bruxism -Parafunctional clenching or grinding is an abnormal behavior that places tremendous strain on teeth, connective tissues, and jaw joints. Untreated bruxism may result in unsightly chips, premature wear, and gum recession. Microscopic fractures can lead to cracked tooth syndrome, and headaches are a common complaint of bruxers. Masseter muscles extend from the back of the cheek to the lower jaw, moving it open and closed. Injections of Botox relax masseter muscles. This therapy is often combined with use of a night guard to realign bite and cushion teeth and joints.
- Botox and TMJ – TMJ disorder and Botox injections makes sense for the same reasons. Using Botox to relax jaw muscles lessens pressure on delicate temporomandibular joints.
- Dental esthetics -Botox therapy for bruxism may have a beneficial effect on facial appearance. Bruxers work masseters so hard that muscles become enlarged developing a broad square jaw. Botox treatment slenderizer the face, while leaving the mouth working normally.
- Adjunct to dermal fillers – Dr. Robles also offers dermal filler injections. Fillers restore lost facial volume, fill wrinkles, and plump and define lips, while Botox smooths dynamic wrinkles caused by repeated facial expressions. Botox and dermal fillers are a good combination to rejuvenate the appearance of aging skin.
- Pre-surgical Botox therapy – In some cases,problematic teeth can be extracted, and dental implants placed and “loaded” with a full arch of replacement teeth in one procedure. Success of the implants hinges on good integration into bone, which can be compromised by excessive bite pressure. Botox injections prior to implant placement reduce occlusal force for proper healing.
It isn’t just for wrinkles! Schedule a visit to Summit Dental to learn more about Botox in dentistry. The number in La Habra is (562) 694-3984.