General dentistry keeps La Habra patients smiling
Mouth pain is inescapable – you cannot avoid breathing, eating, and speaking. In addition, some serious oral conditions cause no pain, but may result in tooth loss and impact overall wellness. The Summit Dental team provides a full range of general dentistry services to help patients in the La Habra area avoid oral problems, and to address issues that do occur, efficiently and economically.
Preventing dental problems
Our hygienists and dentists are your best allies in preserving oral wellness. We provide hands on instruction in home care, professional cleaning, and gentle laser periodontal therapy to help you avoid tooth decay and gum disease. Fluoride treatment and dental sealants are available, too, for extra protection.
Restoring oral health
- Fillings – Cosmetic fillings of composite resin match tooth color beautifully. They are strong and durable for most applications. We also place amalgam fillings in high-stress areas such as molars. While controversy remains over use of amalgam, in truth, a person who eats sushi or tuna likely has more mercury accumulated in the body than someone with amalgam fillings.
- Root canals – Root canal therapy saves a tooth from extraction when there is infection in the center pulp chamber. This treatment also helps to preserve bone structure in case you opt for a dental implant in the future.
- Crowns – A tooth-shaped cap fortifies a fractured or badly-decayed tooth. Crowns may be made of economical stainless steel, bio-friendly gold, or aesthetic porcelain.
- Bridges – A dental bridge holds up to three consecutive artificial teeth to replace missing ones. The bridge is anchored in place with crowns on adjacent teeth.
- Dental implants – Dental implants are the premier tooth replacement option, and Summit Dental makes them feasible for nearly all patients. We take extra steps to ensure predictable results that can last a lifetime with good hygiene.
Summit Dental serves the entire La Habra area with affordable, quality general dentistry. Call (562) 694-3984.